The efficacy and precautions of Rhodiola
Rhodiola is currently a relatively precious wild plant, which mainly grows in plateau areas such as Tibet and Jilin. One of the well-known functions of Rhodiola is that it can be used in the treatment of altitude sickness and has anti-anoxia In addition, what other effects and functions does Rhodiola have?
Rhodiola is used as medicine in Chinese medicine with its rhizome. It is cold in nature and sweet in taste. It mainly has the functions of invigorating the spleen and replenishing qi, clearing lungs and relieving cough, and promoting blood circulation and removing blood stasis. It can be used clinically for spleen-qi deficiency, fatigue, or lung Treatment of symptoms such as fever and cough.
The medical book "Compendium of Materia Medica" also records the effects of Rhodiola:
Rhodiola, the top grade in this sutra, dispels evil and makes up for deficiencies, which is rare in known tonic medicines.
The pharmacological effects of Rhodiola:
1. Anti-hypoxia: Altitude sickness is a type of disease that is prone to occur in high-altitude areas. People suffering from altitude sickness will suffer from breathing difficulties, headaches, and loss of appetite because they cannot adapt to the low-oxygen environment.
Pharmacological studies have shown that Rhodiola can reduce the body's oxygen consumption rate, improve the brain's endurance to hypoxia, and at the same time increase the blood oxygen carrying capacity, which contributes to environmental altitude sickness symptoms.
2. Anti-fatigue: Experiments show that Rhodiola rosea extract can stimulate ATP synthesis or resynthesis during muscle exercise, and ATP is the source of human energy. Therefore, Rhodiola rosea helps to enhance physical fitness and has an anti-fatigue effect.
3. Immunity enhancement: pharmacological studies have shown that salidroside, the main component of Rhodiola, has the effect of increasing the transformation rate of T lymphocytes of the human immune system and increasing the vitality of phagocytes, and thus has an auxiliary effect in improving the body's immunity.
4. Activating blood circulation and removing blood stasis: Rhodiola has the effect of invigorating qi and activating blood, can enhance the pumping function of the heart, thereby helping blood flow, and also has a certain effect in preventing cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases.
5. Anti-inflammatory and analgesic: Rhodiola contains anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory ingredients, which can relieve pain symptoms caused by arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
Notes for Rhodiola:
1. Rhodiola is naturally cold, so it should be contraindicated for pregnant women and people with weak and cold constitution.
2. The appropriate dosage of Rhodiola rosea is about 3-10 each time, not excessive use.
3. People with fever and cough should use Rhodiola with caution to avoid aggravating the symptoms of the disease.